Appreciating Our Elders
Found In: Becoming an Elder, Thanksgiving
By Doris Dyen and Reena Sigmund Friedman | Ritual Component
These questions were developed to spark and facilitate conversations across the generations gathered around the Thanksgiving table.
- What are you proudest about in your life?
- What did you learn from difficult experiences in your life?
- If you could talk to a former self, which one would you choose? What would you say to that former self?
- When you were young, what was the central issue for you? What is central for you now?
- Do you feel that God speaks to you now? If so, how? Is it different now than when you were younger?
- What are the things you would like to finish in your life?
- What would you like your yerushah/legacy to be? How would you like to pass that on?
- What do you value most?
Used by permission of authors and Hiddur: The Center for Aging and Judaism